Educational Technology Resource Center (ETRC)
If you need tech support or assistance with online courses, click the button below and complete the online HELP form.
Click the button below for helpful videos on accessing the Student Portal and Blackboard.
Click the buttons below for helpful Blackboard FAQs and ETRC FAQs.
Faculty also can request installation of special textbook companion software or supplemental course-related software by contacting I.T. Services Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or extension 3527.
About the ETRC
A current semester Triton College photo ID is required for equipment use.
The Educational Technology Resource Center (ETRC) provides support for multi-factor authentication (MFA), all Online/Blackboard courses, the Student Portal, and Triton student email, providing in person, phone, and online orientations, online tutorials, Microsoft application tutorials, and Microsoft application certified tests. The test is available by signing up through the Continuing Education Department; the cost for each test is $80.00 plus a registration fee of $5.00. Additionally, the lab features current technology and software for students.
Please observe the following:
- All persons within the ETRC must sign in at the Help Desk
- All persons within the ETRC Open Lab, must observe all Triton College policies
- Children are not permitted in the ETRC Open Lab
- Cell phone use is not permitted in the ETRC
- Food and drink are not permitted in the ETRC
- The ETRC is not responsible for any lost or unattended items
- Cell phones must be set to vibrate or silent mode. Use of cell phones in the ETRC is strictly prohibited.
- The viewing of offensive materials is not permitted in the ETRC
- Illegal activities such as software pirating and copyright infringement are strictly prohibited
- Files saved to the computer/hard drive are NOT retrievable once the computer restarts or is shutdown
- Save to a Flash Drive and save OFTEN. Check your flash drive for your files. DO NOT save to the HARD DRIVE!
- Do not attempt to print envelopes, labels or specialized paper sizes
- NEVER power off or press any button or options on printers. Ask at Help Desk for assistance.
- Limit printing to a maximum of 10 pages per print job.
- Any printed materials not claimed within 30 minutes of printing will be placed in the recycling bin
- ALL print requests must be completed 15 minutes before closing time
Location: Room A-314
Phone: (708) 456-0300, Ext. 3361 or 3039
(708) 456-0300, Ext. 3867
ETRC Spring Semester Hours:
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: CLOSED